Heavy Duty Solid Structural Timber Frames & Rigid Thermal Insulation Panels
All Oeco garden rooms, offices and studios are constructed using heavy duty solid structural timber frames that carry the load of the building. The structural framework is manufactured using C16 (British Standard) graded structural timber.
The framework is insulated using rigid thermal insulation panels. However the insulation process does not stop at this point. For a truly habitable timber garden building it should be allowed to breath!
Insulated Waterproof Breathing Membrane & Double Vented Timber Walls
All our garden buildings are wrapped in an insulated waterproof breathing membrane. This breathing membrane acts like a one way valve and allows natural moisture to escape out of the building - but prevents moisture from entering the building.
In addition all our timber framed garden buildings incorporate double vented timber walls. The first vent allows air to circulate between the outer timber cladding and the breathing membrane. The second vent allows air to circulate between the breathing membrane and the internal rigid thermal insulation panels.
Purpose Of The Waterproof Breathing Membrane & Double Vented Walls
- To allow air flow around the structure to help the structure breathe.
- To avoid trapped 'cold spots' where natural moisture may collect.
- To increase the u-values by providing additional insulation.
Air acts as a natural insulator.
- Prevents condensation entering the structure.
- Allow any natural internal moisture to escape.
- Maintain a dry internal atmosphere for you and your contents.
If you have any specific questions or queries regarding breathing technology, please do not hesitate to Contact Us